If you’re looking to be at the forefront of your industry, then the growth opportunity that SEO solutions bring to the table cannot be ignored.
We all wish to stay top of mind with our customers. But how do you make that happen?
Going by the reports, 78% of people take to the search engines to look up products and services before making a purchase. To improve the search visibility of your business, look at what your competitors are doing with SEO and then do it better!
What is BrightEdge and why SEO's like it
While there is no dearth of SEO tools, apps, and platforms that can propel you for greater SEO success, you need to keep in mind a few prerequisites that are vital to picking the right tool for your business.
In the SEO industry, BrightEdge stands out as a top-ranked SEO tool that will help enterprises get a higher search engine visibility score.
From discovering demand, optimizing content for conversions to finally tracking the metrics — BrightEdge has a whole lot to offer to digital marketers and SEO experts.
Their competitor analysis is top-notch and they help you get a pulse of the search performance by rolling out actionable SEO insights on the search fluctuations, daily.
This business intelligence platform will help you write well-optimized content that drives traffic, boosts social media campaigns, and helps you achieve content marketing success.
BrightEdge offers a quote-based pricing plan owing to the high-tech set of features that it offers.
While there may be a multitude of reasons that you should opt for a top-of-the-line SEO platform like BrightEdge, before you commit to this tool - it’s always important to gather all the information that you can get, to make a solid choice.
We’re here to help you weigh out the pros and cons and reinforce your buying decision!
- Their site audits help you identify the best-performing pages across channels and devise winning formulas to feature higher up in the ranks
- BrightEdge helps you build optimized landing pages that will help you stand out in the search engines with high-value, relevant keywords
- With the feature, Intent Signal on BrightEdge — digital marketers can identify and roll out content that is likely to rank higher up on the SERP
- The tool even lets you visualize your SEO performance and measure your results using its Storytelling dashboard
- BrightEdge’s pricing is on the higher side
- This is a comprehensive tool and if you’re just starting then you may end up reaching out to customer support for help
- A few of their recommendations and data points are not clear and could be tricky to work with
- Though this is a popular tool, its UI is not the best — navigating the tool can be quite a task
- You will be charged for adding more competitors for analysis and comparison
Which are the best BrightEdge alternatives and competitors?
While some of you may be sold on going with BrightEdge, we’re here to give you 7 other alternatives (some with affordable pricing) to help you nail down the best SEO tool for your business.
Here’s a quick rundown of the top 7 tools that we believe are the best alternatives to BrightEdge:
Dashword is undoubtedly the most affordable and the easiest tool to use in this list. Getting to rank up in the SERPs, requires you to churn out high-quality content and Dashword will help you master it with its exclusive set of features.
Dashword’s content editor will give you real-time feedback and grade your content to help you know exactly how well your content will fare in the search engines.
Considering the price at which the tool is offered — Dashword has to be the best alternative to BrightEdge. You can get started at just $39 per month.
- When you generate a report for your keyword, Dashword scraps the top 30 results for that keyword and comes up with instant quality feedback to further improve your content
- A simple and easy tool to navigate — this is the most trusted tool out there for beginners
- The tool pulls up the most relevant search terms and frequently asked questions, helping you get a better understanding of what your customers are searching for
- You can generate multiple reports on the Professional plan, share them publicly and make it easy to collaborate with external content marketing consultants or SEO agencies
- It takes about 2-3 minutes to generate reports
SEMRush is one of the most trusted SEO tools out there that will not only help you with search engine optimization but also offers an all-in-one SEO solution to marketers and SEO pros.
With over 40+ tools, SEMRush has digital marketers sorted when it comes to dealing with rising marketing challenges and customer needs.
SEMRush also comes at a higher price tag — their starting plan ‘Pro’ is offered at $119.
- One of the most popular tools for online visibility management and keyword research
- Content optimization can be done easily with the help of a writing assistant and topic research tool
- The tool notifies you with timely alerts if your websites’ rankings are dropping
- The stats given under ‘Quick Summary’ are not accurate at times
- Smaller businesses and freelancers would have to look for more affordable tools considering the steep pricing
- With extensive reports and multiple features, the tool maybe a little too complex for beginners
One of the best SEO software, Moz Pro has a great stack of paid and free tools (like Keyword Explorer and Open Site Explorer) to offer their users.
Moz Pro is known to help businesses both big and small, boost their SEO initiatives with a host of features like on-page optimization tool, site audit, keyword, and backlink research capabilities to name a few. Moz Pro’s basic plan ‘Standard’ starts at $99.
- Moz Pro’s keyword research tool is considered to be very intuitive
- The platform dreep crawls your website to find issues across the site
- The Link Explorer tool pulls up results from over 40 trillion links giving you a great opportunity to explore new link building opportunities
- They also help you track down how competitors are ranking for the relevant keywords that you choose
- The reporting functionality is quite difficult to set up and customize
- Their UI is not very appealing as all the tools are listed in a single dropdown
- The keyword tracking restrictions are quite tight
Ahrefs has a pool of data analytics to offer and is known to be an all-in-one SEO tool to help you make the most of your SEO efforts.
From position tracking, content planning, technical SEO to the basics like keyword research and backlink analysis - Ahrefs is a comprehensive tool and is also said to be the most powerful SEO web crawler in the market.
You can get started with their ‘Lite’ plan at $99.
- The tool offers detailed metrics and advanced filtering options
- It has one of the largest backlink databases in the industry
- You can easily track the most visited pages of your competitors’ or any domain that you choose to look for
- The data is updated frequently and it can be easily accessed on demand
- Integration with Google Analytics is not available
- The ‘Lite’ plan at $99 has limited access and too many restrictions
- The stats on web traffic are not as accurate and robust when compared to the alternatives
Another affordable tool on the list is Mangools. The tool’s basic plan starts at $30 per month.
From finding the right keywords to tracking your SERP rankings and getting insights on search analysis — Mangools is a great tool for small businesses and freelancers.
- The tool offers a great and refreshing UI
- You can easily store keywords using the list function
- They have a great customer support service and detailed onboarding resources
- The backlink analysis is not as accurate as the alternatives
- Using the SERPWatcher can be time-consuming
Serpstat helps digital marketers and SEO experts improve their visibility in the search engines with an impressive feature-set that includes keyword and competitor analysis, site audit, rank tracking, and the likes.
They are adding to their Google database with databases from Bing, Yahoo, Amazon, and YouTube. Their pricing plan starts at $55 per month.
- Serpstat has a unique set of features like ‘keywords missing’ and ‘keywords clustering’
- The tool is easy to use and allows multiple users to access one account Provides detailed reports and analytics with great visualization
- If you have a large number of pages to track, then site audit takes a little too long
- It could be a complex tool for beginners as there are too many features and data to scan through
Conductor is another enterprise SEO tool that is known for helping you with great audience insights to improve your content performance.
The tool helps you understand how your content is performing well in local markets and which content is pulling in maximum organic traffic. You will need to reach out to their team to get a quote based on the solutions you would require.
- Great tool for workflow management
- With a huge volume of available data, this tool offers great insights into keywords
- The tool helps you uncover competitors’ strategies, where they are ranking, and how you can beat them
- Does not have a backlink analysis tool
- It lacks good website analytics insights and data is tracked and presented only weekly
Summing it up
There you go — by now you would have narrowed down the SEO tools that would suit your business needs.
While there are plenty of alternatives for BrightEdge, if you’re looking for one that offers a great feature-set at an affordable price then Dashword would be your best choice. You can get started for free right away!